Tuesday, March 10

*discovering new hobbies...

Painting is something i've always wanted to try... I love art, but I had yet to pick up a paint brush. To me it seemed very intimidating! But since I have extra time right now, I desperately needed a new hobby! So of course Taylor suggested this idea :) He took me to the craft store and helped me get started. He's always inspired me with his talent. He just wanted to be a painter, so one day he just tried it! He's so amazing and he gets better with every painting. I'm not always one to try something totally new. I like doing things that I know i'm good at, ya know? But really, I love to be adventurous! But I just need a little push...  We both painted a few days ago and it turned out to be really fun! I think I could way get into it. I will definitely grow and be more well rounded from this new hobby of mine. I'm very excited!
p.s. Our 365 blog is fully updated for those of you who lost hope in me! You're welcome to take a look :) See the picture on the sidebar? Just click on it!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Cool pics! How do you do the mostly black and white pics? You look beautiful here!

The Wood Family said...

Ya, how did you do the color/black and white combo? It looks so neat---and I LOVE that you're trying out painting!!!!! Will you bring some of your artwork down next time we get together?

Heidi said...

Thanks guys! I'm very excited about trying painting too! Yes, i'll will bring some art work down next time we get together. Speaking of which...when will this be???? I did the color/black and white combo on photobucket. Just get an account if you do'nt have one. and then do the black and white option. When you click on that you'll see an "advanced option" button. Then you can select "painted region" and you just "paint" the black and white. so you can skip whatever areas you want! :) Easy as pie!

The Byrd Family said...

Make sure to post your pictures that you paint!