Sunday, October 21

Thank you, Virginia!





Well, tomorrow we are off to St. Louis for Taylor's last medical school interview. I can't believe we're to this point! He has gone to Baylor, University of Virginia, Denver, and now to Wash U in St. Louis tomorrow. He ended up canceling his interview in Ohio because.... Virginia already offered him a spot for next year!!! :) It is the best news. Now, no matter what happens with the rest of the interviews, we are for sure going to medical school. I am so proud of him! Tay has worked his butt off for all of this. He is going to make one great and very good looking doctor. :)

School is still going well for me. I actually had the opportunity to work with a company that needed their product packaging redesigned. It was really fun! I worked on a team with 5 other students. It was great to work with a real client and to see how the process goes in real life. I absolutely love Graphic Design so far and am so happy I finally figured out what I want to do in life!

I just wanted to write down some everyday things that Leah does right now. Whenever she gets really excited about something, she does this hilarious cackle.. it's so funny! She gets super excited and then does this deep laugh that sounds quite evil, but really it's when something good happens to her. She also says "wow!" a lot and it makes me feel pretty impressive when I show her something. :) She knows how to make me feel good.

She still loves to be outside every minute of the day, even with these cold mornings we've been having! She loves to put on her boots, her jacket with her hood on, and head outside to ride on her bus. She even likes to push me on her mini bus! It's a pretty funny site.

We've been doing some speech therapy with Leah. My cousin is speech therapist and she is so generous to just let us come to her house and she'll do a little "session" with Leah and then coach me how to do it at home. Leah has improved a lot lately, but still isn't where she should be. She's a little perfectionist and I think she just doesn't want to say anything until she knows she will say it correctly!

Sorry to ramble on and on. I just wanted to make sure I wrote a little about what is happening right now! We are very excited about the future and are still loving the present.










1 comment:

Sydney said...

Don't worry too much about her talking situation. My bro in law didn't talk until he was almost three and now he is a pathologist and one of the smartest people I know. Just a little comfort in case it was really worrying you ;).