So, for everyone that hasn't heard about my disastrous 1st dinner, let me feel you in! As my first post said, I tried making cheesy potato soup and corn bread. The very first thing I decided to do was chop up the onions. Sounds easy enough right? Well, it's easy if you can keep track of your onion! I got the onion out and then since my kitchen is in utter chaos, I had to search for either a knife or chopper. I finally found my beloved chopper, so I went back to the onion, and alas! It was gone..haha I finally found it in some drawer! Who does that??? So I got the soup going pretty good (the floor was obviously covered in onions and potato peels), so I started on the corn bread. Well, after digging out extra baking soda and adding forgotten ingredients, I was ready to poor it in the pan to cook! After pouring the last drop in, of course I dropped the pan! It hit the wall on the way down, haha, causing a waterfall of corn bread mix! (It may be someone's dream to be in a waterfall of cornbread mix...haha just kidding, but not mine!) Ah, it was such a mess! I had cornbread mix ALL over me, dripping down the walls, seeping into the locked closet we can't get into, and I had to go pick Taylor up soon. haha But, I just laughed out loud for a few mintues, cleaned up, and got the bit of cornbread mix that was still in the pan and shoved the sucker into the over. Even though I completely wrecked everything, we still managed to choke the dinner down on our coffee table with nice place mats and champagne glasses to make up for the food. (the food wasn't SO bad for how bad the preparation was) So, there ya have That was my first attempt to cook!!!

1 comment:
Heidi! You are hilarious! We got a good chuckle from your story! You are such a cutie....we just love you! Jer, Jeff & Sydni
Post a Comment