Okay now on to the entertaining part where you get to laugh at me. So after a long Sunday afternoon nap (after going to the wrong ward I might add, whoops) we decided to make some dinner. I was studying but I stopped to cook dinner so Heid could have a break after a week of making delicious meals.
I started boiling some water to cook noodles for chicken fettucine alfredo and then moved on to the chicken. Things were going fine and I was experimenting with some of our new spices when my most dreaded sound pierced the aromatic air... or should I say smoke?
Now I guess I better preface this so you can get the maximum amusement from my misfortune. Rewind a couple of months when I was still in my multi-ethnic dorm room to 'the egg incident'. To keep it short, I'll just say I learned a valuable lesson about getting sidetracked
studying when you're boiling eggs... once the water evaporates its not a pretty sight. So after the whole building was evacuated and I got a talking to from the fire marshall (who added my name to some list of arsons or something) I thought I had learned my lesson. Turns out I was wrong. As the shriek continued I envisioned the unhappy fire marshall handcuffing me and taking me somewhere fireproof. I really didn't want to see him again and I didn't want our new neighbors to hate us already so we acted fast. After turning on the fan full blast and opening the door to the frigid outside, though, I was out of ideas. Thankfully I have Heidi to save me and she got the broom and fanned the smoke detector until it stopped. Unfortunately that wasn't the end and it went off at least four more times during my time in the kitchen. I wasn't even burning anything I promise! So apparently cooking on our stove is a very dangerous activity that I'll think twice about from here on out!
I wish I could say that the meal made up for it, but that just isn't the case! Married life is full of adventures and laughs and I love every minute of it. (and yes I got a haircut!)
1 comment:
Too funny! I could swear you got your cooking merit badge though! Love you!! MOM
Post a Comment