Monday, January 31

Conversation From Work

I'm bring patient back to room for a pre-op, I haven't seen her for about a year.
Pt: "Wow. Looks like you have a growth."
Me: "Umm..yes, i'm growing a human."
Pt: "Congrats. But you might want to get that growth checked out. Have you had it looked at?" (smile and chuckle)
Me: "......Okay, lets verify your medical history." (didn't know what to say, so I just went on with the appt.)
How awkward is that??? Really? That is the most awkward way I could possible imagine saying "congrats" for having a baby. I honestly was speechless. Some people are so weird!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really funny! You should have been like, "yes I look at it every few weeks and it's growing at a fast rate. But no worries I have a feeling in the next 8 weeks or so it will take care of itself." :-)I'm so happy for you guys and you look adorable in your post before.

Marissa And Jesse said...

Ha ha that is great! you gotta love what people say to you sometimes. wow. I haven't seen your growth in a long while ;) --that means we need to get together! :)

Rachel said...

haha, thats funny! And she probably thought she was so clever!