Friday, September 21

What Skyline Would You Choose?

Update on our current life happenings.

Taylor has applied to medical school and we are in the process
of hearing back for interviews. It's been so exciting and fun
thinking about where we'll be in a year.

For the past 3 years I have said a prayer in my heart that we will go to the University of Utah. It sounded scary to move away from family and friends.
We know Utah...we are happy here. I love Salt Lake
and was excited to experience it a little more
in depth while in Medical school.

However, the past year or so I just knew deep down that we weren't going to end up there. You know that gut feeling? At first I pretended like I didn't really know. I was denying it. However, as time went by I slowly started accepting that feeling. I started researching other places we had applied. 

At one point I actually started getting excited about the possibility of living somewhere new. For the first time I was totally open to the idea of moving.

Taylor and I talked just a while ago about our possibilities. We both really felt
like we were going to move, and we were both really open to it.

Since then, we found out that the U of U doesn't accept
AP English. That made it so Taylor didn't have enough english credits to even apply there. He could sign up and take an english class to maybe get an interview to maybe get accepted, or we could  take the opportunity to go to a better school and have an adventure.

It was at this point that we decided to not even finish applying at the U. You know what? We have been so happy with that decision!

Both of us are so excited to move and start a new adventure. You get to a point in life where you aren't being challenged. While this is great to have in certain seasons of your life, it also stops growth from happening.

I'm ready to grow and move on to a new chapter. Both me and Tay feel like we wouldn't be able to grow and progress as individuals if we stayed in Utah for medical school.

I still can't comprehend what it will be like to live far away from our families. I start crying randomly, thinking that we will be gone for at least 4 years... more likely 9.

But I just know we are supposed to move. So I know that's where we will be the happiest.

He has been invited to six interviews so far. 
One in each of the following cities, but two in st. louis.

I don't know much about any of these cities yet. Any information would be super helpful! We are super excited for the interviews and to see the places so we can get a better feel of where we might be living.

Sorry for the long post!

Oh ps... I am now in a Graphic Design program and am loving it! I am so glad I started it. I should be able to finish by the time we move, so it will work out great. I didn't know I would ever smile the whole time i'm at school. But I really do cause I love what I'm learning. :)










2 comments:

Marissa said...

I totally know those feelings. It sounds exactly how we felt. I say Denver!! We love it here so far but we need some familiar people here! Good luck with the interviews and the decision process. If Taylor ever needs to come here to interview he can stay with us.

Justin and Crystal said...

Your post totally made me cry because I've experienced those very feelings! I'm so excited for you guys and the adventures that lie ahead. My vote is also Denver, but you will definitely know where you're supposed to be after he starts getting accepted places. Keep us informed :-)