May 4th was my Brother-in-law's birthday! Happy Birthday Craig! :) Yet another reason to celebrate :). So if I remember right, we waited till Mother's Day, so we could celebrate both on the same day. We all met in Kaysville and had such a good time! Even my grandparents were able to come up, it was so good to see them!
Oh, before Mother's Day, my best friend Daynna came up to Logan for a retreat thing, and she was able stop by and hang out for a while! Thanks Daynna! It was a blast! I love being married and living wherever my husband is :) but...i do miss my friends a lot! I love every chance I get to see them! While Daynna was over, to keep sane from our girl talk, Taylor was watching a manly show about surviving in the wild! Well, he started telling us how FUN it would be to get lost in the wilderness and have to survive...pcch! Yeah right! Are you kidding me? Fun is the last word I would use to describe that situation! And Tay just kept saying how he sort of hopes that it happens to him one day....what a brave, crazy guy. :) So anyways, we had already planned to go have a bonfire up in the mountains that night, but now I was getting a little nervous that we would "go for a hike" and end up in the middle of nowhere, only to rely on my excited anxious husband to get us food and shelter! Which, if that REALLY did happen, Tay would be the best man to be lost with, cause he would make it as comfortable as possible! But, I definitely didn't want to try it for fun! So Daynna reassured me that after midnight, she would text me to make sure I was alive, and if I didn't answer she'd call a search and rescue party! Thank you Daynna :) Luckily, we didn't end up needing it!
We went up in the canyon for the bonfire, and we ended up just using a campsite (which we had to end up paying for even though we didn't stay the night....lame!) for the fire. It was our first attempt at "tin foil dinners". We made the classic meat, potatoes, and carrots meal, and I tried to make peach cobbler...but it basically turned into coals by the time we opened...haha so the dessert didn't work very well, but the actual dinner was delicious!
The week after all this, we spent lots of time in Kaysville at the Norton's. My brother-in-law Chase, left for the MTC on May 20th. He will be serving in the Canada Toronto West mission. Me and Tay we were able to get down to Kaysville the weekend before the 20th, and stay all the way up until he left. It was an amazing few days! Jerilyn described it well, she said she kept thinking "this must be a little bit of what heaven is like." It was really good to have the whole family together just focusing on spending time with each other and enjoying every moment! We played lots of Dr. Mario :) it's way fun by the way! I had never really played it. And we had a lot of good talks about the gospel.
Chase did such an amazing job the day of his farewell. He had the chance to stay with us up in Logan about a week before he left. He was telling us that he read the book about "teaching by the spirit", and how it basically says you shouldn't write out your talk or lesson, rather you should study and learn, but when it comes to the moment of actually giving your talk, you should just let the spirit guide you and you should just speak from your heart. He told us that he wanted to try this for his farewell talk. Well, he ended up doing it successfully. It touched so many people. He was so honest and he spoke right from the heart. The fact that he had that much faith, was such a testimony boost for me! I know this mission is going to be amazing for him, but I also know it will be amazing for me! It's going to be a constant reminder of what's important and what I should be focusing on. We love you Elder Norton!



Wow, if you have made if through this LONG novel, congrats! There, I did it. I updated :)
5 comments:
ahh fun. i love your dress. i want it where did you get it. hope your sisters are doing well with there toddlers and baby.
YAY!!! I'm so proud of you! :) That just made my whole day to not only see TWO blog posts, but to see I was in one of them too! HOLLA!! boy do I feel famous. I also love your dress, you always have the cutest clothes! It sounds like you guys had a way fun time before Chase left. It sounds like he's going to be an amazing missionary! And Oh my goodness, Mathew and Cameron are so stinkin cute! Well I love you and I'm oh so proud that you updated... keep it up! :)
Nice update Heid. Rosie and Daynna are right--cute dress!! That was fun to read a long post like that :)
Heidi,
That was great to hear you express your feelings about your last month. Thanks for sharing. You will always be grateful you have it recorded! I love you, Mom
Hooray Heidi! Thanks for such a fun and wonderful update :)
Post a Comment