Ya know that little "pull ups" commercial where they have little kids doing it all by themselves? And then they sing "I'm a big girl/boy now!" Well...that's how i feel :) haha. My Bishop called me to be Primary President...what the?! Me??? I am only 19! Before he told me, he asked me what my previous callings had been? I laughed and said "Well...i've been primary pianist. But bascially I just got out of young womens...haha I'm only 19!" And he said "Only 19? 19 is a great age!" And then he told me 19 was a great age to be Primary President...eek! I literally went into shock after that, haha. I was basically speechless the rest of the day, besides my freak out phone calls to whoever I called, sorry about that! But after a day of it sinking in, I started to get really excited. First off, i'm SO grateful to have a calling...i've been wanting one for months! I love serving in the church, and I felt like I needed to get more involved in my ward, so this will be a great opportunity. AND...there are only like 4 kids in the primary, haha all 4 years old! So it's not near as big of calling as it could be. I'm very excited for this new challenge. Last Sunday was my first day teaching sharing time, I think it went well! Those little kids LOVE to move around and talk TALK talk! The bishop shared a good observation he's learned...4 year olds have about a 7 minute attention span. Very short :) So every 7 minutes you gotta switch it up. So anyways, I feel like this will help me learn and grow so much!
So, a few days after I get my calling, Taylor gets a call asking if he can meet with the stake president on Sunday. My first thought was "Taylor! You're going to get called into the bishopric!!" He, of course, thought this was a ridiculous statement and checked to see if I was running a temperature... (he thinks i'm crazy). And he thought maybe the stake president just meets with all the couples to get to know them...ya, right. :) So Taylor got called to be the Ward Clerk (4th member in the bishopric!)!! We are definitely living in the adult world now. It's great! He's quite excited about this calling, he will love it!
Anyway, wish us luck!
2 comments:
Holy Cow Congrats! It sounds like you guys are doing great! Good luck with the callings, although neither of you will need it i'm sure.
Congrats again Heid and Tay. You guys will both be great.
Post a Comment